Etsy Mini

Saturday, May 23, 2009

In Memory of Mercury


The last few months have been a time of transition for me. I've had to give up a lot in order to make some positive changes in my life and most of them have not been easy. After the dust had started to settle and I was just beginning to realize everything was really going to be fine, another loss came knocking on my door. Mercury, the little grey cat who's owned me for the past four years disapeared. I searched high and low for her, but she's gone. I miss her terribly!

Mercury, aka Turkey, was by no means a little angel. She got the name Beast Cat for a reason. She was always trying to let you know it was her who was in control. We all routinely got swatted by her when we forgot this. She did have her redeeming qualities, she rode in the car on long trips well, she walked on a leash, and she had an entertaining obession with her many teddy bears (all named Ralph) and her extensive collection of live strong bands (aka Lance bands). When she did decide it was time for cuddling, there was no way anyone was going to deny her.

In honor of her I am planting a lavender garden. She loved lavender almost as much as I do. I used to picked huge bunches of it to make lavender wands and she would sit with me the whole time and chew the pieces I wasn't using. She was always trying to get into the basket with the lavender too, we had a many a fights about this.

This morning I went to the Farmers Market and bought a provencial lavender plant for her. Provencial lavender is very fragrant and has long stems perfect for wand making. Her garden should be done in the next few weeks so her little kitty spirit will have a place to rest and eat lavender stems. I can only hope she knows how much I love and miss her!

No comments:

Post a Comment