Etsy Mini

Saturday, June 6, 2009

After the Rain



It has been raining quite a bit here over the last week. The gardens are loving it as is everyone else it seems. I went out today to stake some of the tomato plants and I couldn't believe how happy everything looked. It seems the rain was exactly what the garden ordered. Which makes me wonder why the squash and tomatoes are loving the rain so much, but they don't like it when you spray their leaves with the hose. They are really sending mixed signals. They must be male.

Oh and the most exciting news of all...the cinderella pumpkin plant has a little baby pumpkin growing. Also I've harvested two banana peppers. I have no idea what to do with them so I just put them in the kitchen so everyone can see what an amazing gardener I am and compliment my handy work. So far no one is taking the bait. It's only been a few days, I'm still holding out.
So all is well in the garden world of Willow, except of course that nagging question about the fickleness of squash. Do they like water on their leaves or not? It's enough to drive me to madness or an early afternoon cocktail. One or the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment