Etsy Mini

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sad News on the Garden Front

The corn didn't make it. I can not even bare to show you a picture of the crispy brown stalks all lined up in a sad death march. They are a reminder of the reasons gardening in Northern Californian heat and rock like soil is so much different than the comfortable summers and lush fertile soil in Portland. I did my best this summer, but unfortunately I lost a large majority of my plants this year. I would love to say that next year I will be better equipped, but in all honestly I am truly hoping not to live here next summer. But I am sure I will probably live in another climate like this at one time or another since I love the heat so much. Trial and error until I get it right and have the garden of my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment