Etsy Mini

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Solstice 2010

I've been excited and nervous for the winter solstice this year.  I felt like I was waiting for something to happen, as if the darkest day of the year was holding some kind of secret.  If it was, I haven't figured it out yet. 

It was a very good day though.  I got to sleep in and go to work late and even managed to get out of work early.  I went straight to a massage appointment with my favorite massage therapist, Tammi.  She was able to really get my back to settle down, my bolts from my scoliosis surgery have been bothering me a lot lately.  After emerging from her office I drove home in a state of relaxed bliss and had a great dinner and fresh baked cookies.  The only downfall of the whole night was not being able to see the full moon because of all the cloud cover and rain.

Speaking of rain, we have been getting quite a bit of lately.  Strangely enough I haven't been minding the weather or the short days.  Normally, they make me miserable.  I think it might be all the vitamin D I've been popping lately, but either way I've almost been enjoying it.  Lying in bed listening to it beat down on the roof is really calming.  Which helps with all this nervous excitement I've been having about this day and basically everyone that follows.  

No comments:

Post a Comment