Etsy Mini

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Whole Earth Festival

Last weekend my mom and I went to the Whole Earth Festival.  There were great booths on eco-friendly companies and information how to green up your life.  I didn't take any pictures of the booths, ya, that kind of skipped my mind.  I took pictures of a weird sculpture I liked and some pretty poppies next to one of the booths.

The most exciting part of the day, by far, was giving blood.  I love giving blood.  I think it's great to help others, but that's not the real reason I love donating.  I actually enjoy the blood giving process.  The phlebotomists (blood takers) are so appreciative of you.  What can I say, I'm a sucker for people who like me.  I like the nervous feeling before they stick you with the needle, it makes me feel alive.  I even like watching the bag fill with blood, it is amazing to think we can lose that much and be fine.  Then afterward they feed you and sometimes give you gifts.  What's not to like?

After I was done with the blood people my mom and I went and got strawberry shortcake from the Gaia Hotel booth.  It was delicious.  I forgot to take a picture of that too. 

It was a great day and I'm really glad that Redding is making an effort to be more green and get everyone involved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment