Etsy Mini

Monday, March 9, 2009

Preparing for Spring

Yesterday we sprang forward into spring. I smiled the whole time I reset all the clocks in the apartment. Spring is really coming. The weather here is still trying to convince us otherwise though. This morning we woke to snow. It didn't really stick, but still, snow in march...what is mother nature thinking? Probably, something along the lines of, "if you don't care about me, why should I care about you?"

Anyway, I am ready for spring and I will continue to prepare even if the weather refuses to cooperate. Nate and I went and bought seeds yesterday for the garden. We went a little crazy. I just can't control myself in garden stores. Luckily, Nate knew the manager and we got a pretty good deal. We bought arugula, lettuce, carrots, corn, onions, cilantro, more tomatoes, green beans, and a few things I forgot. Of course we had to get some cat grass and cat nip for the little gray beast. I am hoping she will be satisfied with those and leave the rest of the house plants and starts alone. It's a long shot.

This afternoon there was a little mix up with the community garden plots and we almost had to give ours up, but it all worked out in the end. We are going to view it and sign the contract tomorrow. I'm very excited! I feel like I live the whole year for spring. There is just something really life affirming about watching seeds wake up from their winter sleep and become plants. Watching a garden take shape is one of my favorite things in the whole world. Now that I bought my seeds and will soon have my garden plot, I feel like spring is only a breathe away.

That makes bundling up to go outside a little easier. Honestly, though I could do without all the snow and hail.

PS I will try to take some pictures of the plot tomorrow, so you can see what exactly it is I have to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment