Etsy Mini

Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Joys of Copper

I love copper! This is pretty evident in the last dozen or so new pieces I've been working on. Today after spending the afternoon editing photos for ETSY....a question popped into my head. Why am I so drawn to copper lately? "Cause I like it," didn't really satisfy my curiosity. So I started researching the meaning behind copper, copper lore, healing energies, etc.

This is what I discovered:

Copper is considered a mineral of energy and mental agility. In legend, copper is said to be the metal of the God Hermes, who facilitates mental agility and quick wit. This mineral can combat lethargy, passivity, restlessness, excitability and non-acceptance of oneself. It stimulates initiative, optimism, diplomacy and independence.

Copper is an excellent conductor of energy, from electricity to the mystical subtle energies emanating from higher planes. Thus, it has been used successfully to amplify and transmit thought. Copper provides a harmonic connection between the physical and astral bodies and aligns the subtle bodies. It is said to be a bestower of good, bringing benefit to its wearer. It also allows one to recognize the barriers which are in the path of ones development. Lastly, it opens and activates the base or root chakra.

No comments:

Post a Comment