Etsy Mini

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankful: Better Late Than Never

I was on hiatus last week, hiding out from the world, but I'm back now...and almost better than ever. I managed to catch a cold over the weekend. Not so thankful for that.


I thought it would be good to put some good karma out into the universe and write a blog about what I'm thankful for. I'm aiming for good karma, not originality, obviously.


Well, let's start out with the most cliche item on the list, family. I've always loved my family, I think thats part of the contract they make you sign at birth, but have I always been thankful for my family? No. This had slowly been changing over the past few years, but it went into hyperspeed this spring. My life basically went up in smoke earlier this year and guess who bailed me out? Yep, my family. Not only did they go out of their way to help me start my life over again they never held any of it against me. I can honestly say, I've never been so thankful for my family in my entire life.


I am also thankful for my amazing friends (old & new), my car Mitzy, the moon, Chipotle, saltine crackers, Trader Joes tofu spring rolls, lavender, Shasta Lake & Ron's boat, antique keys, the healing powers of stones, my garden & plants, copper wire, trips to the coast, long lazy weekends, Agate Beach, Ukrainian wine, massages, road trips, stephanie cheesecake, boots, etsy, purple dresses, full moon parties, abalone, mermaids, my pendulum, having reasons to use my outisde laugh, forgiveness & compassion, clay, So You Think You Can Dance, bubble baths, long conversations on the phone with my girlfriends, yoga, red velvet cupcakes, painting, poetry, lemon drops, and waking up every morning with a smile on my face.


A very special thanks to: Agatha-for finding me, Abigail-for reminding me I'm never alone, Bunni & Ran- for being the big sisters when I couldn't be, V- for always reminding me about who I really am, N-for doing the thing I wasn't brave enough to do, Turkey Cat- for letting me spend so many years wrapped around your little grey paw, Redding-for being so much more than I gave you credit for, Portland-for being the city that forever changed me, Arizona-for persistently beckoning me, and of course all my parents who continue to believe in me even when I continue to confound them.




*This is not a complete list of everything that I thankful for. If I let myself truly write everything I was thankful for your name would also come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment