Etsy Mini

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Favorite Salad Dressing Ever!!!!!

While I was in Maui last fall, I spent an afternoon at the Ali'i Kula lavender Farm with my Mama and my sisters.  We had a lot of fun touring the place, the views were beautiful and we had a little photo shoot with some umbrellas we found on the grounds.

When it came time to visit the gift shop, well some of us went a little crazy.  Some of us, basically being me.  The lavender creams all smelled divine, the lavender chocolate and teas were heavenly, and the lavender art was gorgeous.  My addiction to lavender was fully evident to anyone within earshot.  Strangely, enough one of my favorite things there was salad dressing.  My mom poured it in a cup for me to drink, this seemed weird to me.  It was dressing I didn't want to drink it like tea.  I put my finger in it to try it and it was at that moment I fell in love.  It was sweet, it was tangy, it was lavendery (ya, that's a word....now).  Apparently, this moment was so special we documented it.   

After coming home, I was living out of suitcases and boxes and the last thing on my mind was making a salad.  I was a little obsessed with the question, "What am I doing with my life?"  Well, after a few trips, job interviews, and some major reevaluation I am getting settled in a new place with a new job and I have time to ponder the nature of meditation, inner peace, and salad dressing.

The last one mainly because I bought arugula and need to use it before it goes bad.  Anyway, last night I made this amazing salad of arugula, romaine lettuce, mushrooms, apples, and blue cheese crumbles.  Of course I topped it with the Lavender Herb Dressing.  It was amazing!  So good in fact I made it again for lunch today.  I'm not the only one who thinks its good either, I've been secretly running taste tests on my friends and family too and they all love it as well.  I thought I would share this with you just in case you have been in a salad dressing rut, it's okay it happens to all of us at some point.  If you can't make it to Maui for a salad dressing run, no worries you can get it online.  Just click on any of the links above.  Happy Eating!   

No comments:

Post a Comment