Etsy Mini

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Why Am I so Happy?

I keep asking myself this.  Every day, every single day I keep thinking "why am I so happy? When did this happen?"  I am driving through town running errands and I'm smiling from ear to ear.  I feel a little ridiculous.  I even feel silly telling anyone this, but I kind of feel like I need to shout it from the roof tops.  I am bursting with joy.  I can't exactly put my finger on it, but it seems to be coming from me.  No matter where I am or who I'm with I feel like I'm the luckiest woman in the world. 

I am scratching my head and digging through my life trying to unravel this mystery.  I do love where I live and I love that I finally feel like I have somewhere to call my own.  I do love my job and all the time it gives me and the independence it allows me.  I love my roommates and my friends.  I love my new kitty LunaBelle.  I love that spring is just around the corner.  I love that I'm going to be able to have a garden this year.  Yet it seems more than this.  I feel like I'm in love, you know that dizzy crazy falling feeling?  That giggly goofy grinning phase of falling in love?  I feel that way, but there is a big difference. My romantic life is the last thing on my list of priorities.  So that leads me to believe that I might just be falling love with my life and....... myself. 

Why do I feel like I'm not allowed to say that?  Is everyone going to think that I'm conceited or narcissistic?  Am I gloating?  I don't think so.  Even though everything in me wants to, I am not going to feel guilty for being happy.  Not this time.      

No comments:

Post a Comment