Etsy Mini

Friday, October 9, 2009

The West Coast Road Trip Outline

Tonight, after an oil change and hopefully a sushi dinner with my best friend, V, I will get on the road. The trip is going to go something like this. Drive to Sacramento and stay with my grandparents for a night. Next morning wake up and drive to Newport and stay with my amazing cousin. We will most likely eat, talk, and drink wine...lots of wine. The next day I will complain until we get bloody marys and have breakfast and then feel a hell of a lot better and continue on to San Diego where I will spend the day with Bethy, my friend who's put up with me since junior high. Her and I will probably eat, talk, and drink martinis, but not too many, she's a responsible adult who works. I on the other hand will take myself out to mimosas and breakfast the next morning and wait for my sister, Bunni, to call. Somehow Bunni and I will plan to meet somewhere in a city neither of us have ever driven in and then we will waste the day together...drinking on the beach, I hope. That evening we will drive back up to Newport. The next day we will have lunch with our other grandparents and then make the long trip home.

Yes, you are right that is a lot to do in a short amount of time, but I know we can do it. Bunni and I will hang out in Redding for three days while I work and she spends time with the family.

Then the second leg of our journey begins. We will head out for Portland, hopefully stopping to have lunch with an old friend in Ashland. The day we get home we will go out dancing with friends to celebrate the ever radiant Becca's birthday! I'm not worried about being tired. I haven't been in Portland for 7 months, I'll have plenty of energy to spare. I have missed my city and she has missed me too (well, that's what I'm telling myself). The next day we will be hosting a Naked Ladies Clothing Exchange, which is always fun. Free clothes, drinks, and girlfriends...I couldn't ask for more. The next few days I will complete my list of things I've missed: acupuncture, Powell's Bookstore, Happy Hour at Portland City Grill, McMennamins, Saturday Market, and so much more. Then somehow I will drag myself away and make the long drive home to Redding, reminding myself that although Redding isn't my beloved Portland I do get massive amounts of vitamin D in California, which is important. Even more important I have amazing and supportive friends here.

We'll see if the actual trip follows this outline at all, I like to go where the wind takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment