Etsy Mini

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Getting My Green Thumb Ready for Spring

Been thinking about the garden again lately. It's nearly time for my favorite part of gardening. I love love love starting seeds. Something about the little seeds turning into little plants turns me into a 5 year old all over again. Even though I already know it will happen I'm still incredibly excited to watch the process happen every year. Unfortunately, I'm not so thrilled to do most of the other gardening things. Weeding is boring. Watering one or two times a day is time consuming. Even harvesting doesn't do much for me. I'm pretty much just addicted to the first part, but because I get attached to the plants I force myself to do other the other stuff. Before I even can start doing all that I really need to get the garden ready. I've heard of this thing called winterizing your garden, but I've never actually done it. Apparently, it's important.

This is round two for my Redding garden and this year is going to be even better than the last (not that that will be hard)! In the next week or two I am going to get my seed list complete and get the garden all prepped. It just needs to stop raining so I can venture outside. I really want to grow a lot more than last year. I want my garden to look like the garden in this picture, green and wild. I don't know if that is realistic, but that's what I'm shooting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment