Etsy Mini

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Spring Cleaning Begins!

I woke up a few mornings ago after a really stressful dream, which although I would love to go into detail about, trust me I would, for your sake I won't. The basic premise was that I was completely overwhelmed by the state of my room and my life. So when I woke up, I sat up and looked around my room and it dawned on me 'I don't really need most of this stuff.' Here's the thing, while most people get more organized as they get older, I've been steadily getting messier and more disorganized. I actually used to be very neat. It seems that the more I allow myself to be creative and express myself artistically, the more cluttered I become. Perhaps, these things have nothing to do with each other, but I kind of think they do. My creativity is pretty much the center of my life right now and I'm verging on slob status. I don't say that loosely. It is very hard for me to admit I've allowed my life to get this out of control. It just feels like other things have become more important. It's just more important to have access to three different journals and at least one or two laptops while I lie in bed. I mean what if I wake up in the middle of the night and have a genius idea? If I put all these things away I might miss out on tearing through my whole bed to find the right journal and then not being able to come up with a pen....okay, fine. I'm not fooling anyone, my messiness is not helping me at all, there is really no excuse. I am going to start purging and organizing. I don't need all this stuff holding me down. So tonight I am going to gather up all the journals, this could take a while I have a slight addiction, and organize them in a special drawer. Tomorrow morning I am going to go through all my make-up and beauty products. No point keeping things I haven't used in over a year.

Once I tackle my room, I might even dare take on the studio. My heart just started to have palpitations. It's so hard to get rid of anything in the studio, because I never know when I might need it one day. I need all the rocks I brought home from the coast and the hawk feather I found walking through the woods and that broken chain, well, one day I'm going to turn it into a masterpiece. I'm not allowed to think about the studio, yet. It's day will come. Right now I'm staying focused on my room.

Perhaps, after I finish all that I might think about purging some people in my life too. If you don't make me happy, I will put you in the give away pile and donate you to charity (if only it was that easy). So everyone better be on their best behavior, it's time to clean some house!

No comments:

Post a Comment