Etsy Mini

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Women's Weekend

I was fortunate enough to be able to attend a women's retreat this weekend with my lovely mama. The retreat was about 'loving well.' In essence being able to love anybody through anything, which is a pretty tough topic. Especially, when you think about really being able to love ANYBODY....yep, that person who drives you absolutely crazy is included. It is definitely a lesson I'm currently in the thick of, so I just tried to soak it up as much as I could.

Throughout the entire retreat I was very drawn to a beautiful hupah (chuppah) on stage. We were told by the coordinators that a hupah is a traditional Jewish wedding canopy. According to wikipedia, "The chuppah represents a Jewish home symbolized by the cloth canopy and the four poles." Just as a chuppah is open on all four sides as is one's home open for hospitality. I think this is a wonderful tradition and as if the retreat wasn't informational enough, I got a chance to learn about a Jewish wedding tradition. I'd say that's a pretty good weekend. I'm figure this gives me leeway to sleep all day tomorrow and be totally unproductive.

No comments:

Post a Comment