Etsy Mini

Friday, February 19, 2010

If My Goals Don't Work Out, Atleast I'll Have Goats

My last blog was about goals, but after reading the headline, my mom, though I wrote "Look Mom, I have Goats!" This didn't seem strange to her, in part because she expects me to say random things and also because she knows how much I love goats. I don't know exactly why I love them so much. Maybe because I am a Capricorn and our symbol is the goat or when I was really little my mom used to take me to a garden center that had goats and I used to let them suck on the hem of my dress. For whatever reason I have been dreaming about having goats for as long as I can remember. I love all goats, but pygmy goats are just ridiculously cute. There legs are so short they barely have knees, I don't know why I find this adorable, but I do. They make the perfect addition to my future lavender farm. I am really hoping to be that eccentric hippie lady with all the crazy jewelry living on her own organic farm, who shears her own alpacas and makes cheese from the milk her herd of pygmy goats produce.

Speaking of Alpacas, I LOVE them! They are so awesome. I just discovered there are a few alpaca farms nearby and I will be visiting them as soon as the weather gets a little nicer. I've heard alpacas dance under the full moon. This may or may not be true, either way I am fully choosing to believe it. The first time I met an alpaca was at a fair over 15 years ago and I just fell in love. While most young girls were planning their weddings, I was fantasizing about having an alpaca farm. A wedding is one day of your life, an alpaca farm is forever.

I'm not entirely sure what my obsession with farming is all about. I grew up in suburbia. We never even had a vegetable garden growing up. Maybe it was that Little House on the Prairie book series I used to be obsessed with. Quite honestly, I really don't know if I could handle farm life. I hate getting up early. I never scheduled a class in college before noon. Even though I love to travel I refuse to book a flight before 10:30 am. I also hate feces, not that many people really like it. I'm just starting to wonder if all my farm dreams are wildly unrealistic. I also never imagined building a website or sitting behind a computer all day for a job, especially since I never learned to type correctly, but I do that. So perhaps having a farm other than my one on farmville (facebook) is still a possibility for the future. I mean for the record, I am an awesome cyberspace farmer and that has to count for something.

Worse case scenario, I can always move to Seattle, WA, where pygmy goats are legal to own as house pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment